Mark 10:45 (NIV) For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
- We often talk about being Christlike. What does it mean to be Christlike in this context?
- How did Jesus serve? Can you think of some stories?
- Do you like serving?
- In what ways do you like serving?
- What is it about serving that you like?
- In what ways do you NOT like to serve?
- What kinds of people do you—or do you NOT—like to serve?
- How does serving others change us?
- Lewis said, “The rule for all of us is perfectly simple. Do not waste time bothering whether you ‘love’ your neighbour; act as if you did. As soon as we do this we find one of the great secrets. When you are behaving as if you loved someone, you will presently come to love him.” How does this idea apply to serving others?
- Let’s make a long list of ways you have seen people serve.
- What is one way you already serve?
- Are there any ways you could do better in serving?
- Try really hard to serve. Try really, really hard. Is that the gospel? What is the gospel?
- How can we pray for each other?
 Lewis, C. S. 2001. Mere Christianity. New York: HarperOne.